MELF is the abbreviation for Metal Electrode Leadless Face - a leadless cylindrical component that is metallized on two ends.
It is designed majorly as a SMD component. Since manufacturing process of MELF is more complex than flat-chip resistor,
the performance/price ratio of MELF is better than flat-chip resistor.
Carbon Film RDM MELF are made by breaking down hydrocarbon gases at high temperature in a vacuum
to form a carbonic deposit on the surface of a cylindrical substrate with excellent characteristics and stable.
The MELF RDM series is lead-free and RoHS compliant. Detailed specifications, both mechanical and electrical, please contact our sales representative for more information.
- Coating color : Yellow.
- Marking : Color code (3 color band).
- Suitable for reflow, flow and iron soldering.
- High solderability due to specially plated electrodes.
- Electrodes strength is higher than flat chip resistors.
- Free direction for mounting due to cylindrical design.
- Lower current noise than thick film flat chip resistors.